Sunday, July 3, 2011
When the scales aren't kind
Weight is one way to measure if you are achieving your goals. However sometimes you work your butt off, follow Michelle's nutrition plan exactly but the scales aren't kind and you think "WTF?"
I would also choose some other ways of measuring, such as:
- Body Measurements (eg: Michelle’s body measurements every 4 weeks)
- Clothing Size (eg: aim to fit into a certain size by a certain date)
- Cardio Fitness (eg: aim to increase the distance/speed you could run at week one by a certain percentage)
- Strength (eg: aim to increase the weights you can bench press or squat by 20%, or to increase you Pump class weights by a particular date)
- Overall fitness (eg: Michelle’s fitness tests every 4 weeks)
I think we put a lot of pressure on ourselves when we stand on the scales. There are other ways of measuring success that are more accurate and specific, and don't make you feel deflated.