1. I got my mind in the right place. No more little voices of excuses live in my head. You know the ones - I'm too tired to exercise, I can't be bothered, I'll just eat one more, one piece of cake is alright... they go on and on! My head was full of them!!! lol.
2. Change how you think about food. I'm at the point now where I am not tempted by food. If I'm bored, I will go to the gym or go and visit my sister, instead of cooking up a storm. Food is fuel, that's it. It's not a reward and it doesnt make me feel better if I eat junk food. It's just a source of energy. It's really hard to think this way, but i just do it.
3. I plan all my training as my number 1 priority for the day. My training is in my calendar and nothing stops me from doing it. I train in the morning before work for about 60-100mins when life hasn't started so I can't be interupted. I train if it's cold, if I'm tired, if i can't be bothered, if my body is sore... I took on Michelle Bridge's saying of Just Fricken Do It (JFDI). It's really hard but i dont think, I JFDI.
4. I write down everything I eat and the calories... and I mean EVERYTHING!!! I have been keeping a food diary in my iPhone for the last 20 weeks and i havent missed recording a meal or a day. It's time consuming but essential. I had no idea how much i was eating til i started recording it.
5. Support Crew is essential. My sister is awesome. We are on this journey together. She is so encouraging and puts a realistic spin on things when I drive myself crazy lol. Gotta have that one person you can be totally honest with to keep you accountable.