Sunday, October 7, 2012

Round 2 2012 Perth Finale - Part 1



Summary of Previous Finales

I had attended 4 finale parties prior to Perth and each of them were totally different experiences.

R1 2011 Melbourne - 
I was my sister's guest at Silk Road. Energy, passion, commitment & achievement filled the room.  I was blown away by this 12WBT thing and could not wait to begin MY 12WBT journey in Round 2.


R2 2011 Brisbane - 
My first finale as a member. I had phone numbers of the small support crew I had created and could not wait to meet these wonderful people that I knew as my Mini Comp Team Members.  I was ecstatic to be spending the day with the wonderful people I had formed connections with online.  I didn't think the night could get any better... :)


R3 2011 Sydney - 
I knew I was a Top 20 finalist so I was a shaking nervous mess.  wow what an experience and honour.  I got to meet my new Mini Comp Team members after presentations and we had a great night together. I also met complete strangers that knew so much about me.  That was strange but I loved asking them about their journeys and seeing them light up with excitement.


R1 2012 Melbourne - 
I thought I'd be able to relax and just enjoy the day with my 12WBT Pirates from around the world. Ummm... No.  I was overwhelmed at how many strangers came to thank me for how I have contributed to their journey. It still spins me out that people know who I am, what I've done, how much I weigh, where I train, what I train in, etc...
I was a Water Girl & World Record Team Leader Volunteer at the workout which was beyond fun! And I spent the evening with my Pirate Buddies which was so so special to me.


R2 2012 Perth - 
Perth was going to be Party Central for the Lean & Strong Pirates.  We were terribly excited to meet each other and had already made all necessary plans beforehand to ensure we maximised our time together.

Like all other finales, I expected and was prepared for 15 hours of laughing, smiling, screaming and jumping up and down with my friends.  I did not expect to cry every couple of hours.  Thank goodness I didn't wear eyeliner as it would not have handled my hard core water works.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment